Recyclable goods can be dropped-off for free at the South Canyon Landfill. The landfill's recycling center can be reached by traveling 2.6 miles westward on I-70, getting off at Exit 111 via South Canyon. Once off the exit, travel 1.3 miles south on County Road 134 until you reach the Landfill. The recycle drop-off location is marked with a sign on the left.
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The South Canyon Landfill & Recycle Center are closed on the following holidays:
New Year's Day
Recycling containers are conveniently located on the property with ramps for easy access. If you have large or heavy containers, please use the large parking area next to the site.
There is an attendant on site to answer any questions you might have about recycling, in the small office area located in the far building.
Please do not leave recyclables at the front gate when South Canyon Landfill is closed.
Residential Recycling GuidelinesPlease be aware that our acceptance guidelines are subject to change depending on what the end markets are accepting.
- Brown paper bags
- Corrugated boxes broken down flat
- Plastic bags
- Bubble wrap
- Boxes that are not broken down
- Plastic containers - #1 through #7 only
Must be rinsed & empty
- Cans - steel, tin, and aluminum
- Aerosol cans - empty
- Needles, mirrors, windows or other sharp objects
- Plastic bags
- Lids of any
- Chemical bottles/oil containers
- Metal other than cans
- Plastic other than containers
- Aluminum foil
- Glass Beverage Containers - Including Beer, Wine, & Liquor Bottles (All Colors)
- Drinking & Wine Glasses
- Jars & Containers
- Lids for Containers
- Ceramic Cups and Dishes
- Plastic Bags and/or Trash
- Pyrex or Cookware
- Mirrors, Windows, & Light Bulbs
- Paper books
- Large catalogues
- Beer/Soda/Pizza boxes
- All paper materials suited for the composting process
- Paper egg cartons
- Toilet paper & paper towel rolls
- All plastic & glass materials not suited for the composting process
- No organics: No grass clippings, leaves, manure, and stall bedding
- Items Accepted:
- Magazines and catalogs
- Newspapers including the inserts
- Slick (shiny) junk mail
- Office paper
- Plastic bags or plastic materials of any kind
- Bundled or tied newspapers
- Hardback books
Plastic BagsWe do not accept plastic bags at this facility. Thank you for not leaving them in any of our seven containers or on the recycling grounds. Please reuse or dispose of them properly. City Market and Wal-Mart have bag drop-offs.
Toxic and Hazardous WasteNo toxic or hazardous wastes accepted. Used motor oil can be taken to any local lube shop or to Checker Auto Parts during regular business hours.
Electronic WasteWe accept electronics, i.e., TV's, stereos, speakers, computer printers, and copy machines for a fee as established by the recycling agency. We accept light fixtures, i.e., incandescent bulbs, fluorescent, sodium, metal halide, for a fee. For more information regarding the recycling of electronic waste please contact the South Canyon Landfill at 970-945-5375.